Effective:December 1st, 2018
Information You Share With Us
Information Collected Automatically
Information Obtained From Third Parties
How Do We Process Personal Data?
Legal Bases for Processing
Sharing of Personal Data
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data
Your California Privacy Rights
Your European Union Privacy Rights
Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising
Other Important Information About Personal Data and the Services
Collection of Personal Data from Children
Third-Party Websites and Services
Do Not Track
KZVoice, LLC (“KZV,” “we,” “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our processing of personal data, please see the bottom of this Privacy Notice for information about how to contact us. KZV is the data controller of the personal data collected, and is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
This Privacy Notice explains our practices with respect to personal data we collect and process in connection with your relationship with us. This includes information we collect through, or in association with, KZV’s website, together with all products and services that may be offered from time to time via the website and/or related social media sites, or otherwise through your interactions with us (the website, apps, products, services, and social media pages, collectively, the “Services”).
Please review the following to understand how your personal data is processed and safeguarded.By using any of the Services, whether by visiting the website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice.This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
We collect a variety of personal data from and about you through the Services, including:
- When you provide it to us directly;
- Automatically through logging and analytics tools, cookies, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services; and
- From third-party sources, service providers such as Mixpanel.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of the Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, as noted below in the section captioned “Your Choices” it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
Finally, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
Information You Share With Us. We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us, including through website forms, orders, or contacting us with questions or comments.
If you contact us with questions, requests, or complaints, or to exercise your legal rights, we collect personal data sufficient to answer your questions, address your requests, and/or handle your complaints, as applicable. In certain situations, we may also require you to provide personal data to authenticate your identity in order to carry out your requests.
We also collect information from you that, depending on applicable law, may not constitute personal data.
Information Collected Automatically. When you browse or use the Services, we utilize commonly-used logging and analytics tools, to collect information about your device, the network used to access the Services, and information about your use of the Services (such as how you navigate and move around the Services).
We also use certain technologies on the Services, including cookies, that allow us, the Service providers, and other third parties to store information locally on your device, identify your device, and track your interactions with the Services.
Information collected automatically includes the software and hardware attributes of the device you use to access the Services, unique device ID information, regional and language settings, performance data about the Services, network provider, and IP address(a number assigned to your device when you use the Internet). In addition, information is collected passively in the form of log files and third-party analytics that record website activity. For example, log file entries and analytics data are generated every time you visit a particular page on our website, and track the dates and times that you use the Services, the pages you visit, the amount of time spent on specific pages, and other similar usage information, and general data (including the name of the web page from which you entered our website).
Please see the Cookie Notice and the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Notice: for more information about cookies and other web tracking technologies on the Services; for information about how you can reject, delete, or prevent cookies from being placed on your system; and how you can opt out of, limit, or prevent certain web tracking technologies from collecting information about you.
We process personal data for two general purposes, pursuant to various legal bases:
- For our business operations (including communicating with you, fulfilling orders, providing information about our products and services, improving the Services, and complying with applicable legal requirements); and
- To market and promote our products and services.
We disclose personal data to the service providers to allow them to provide services to us and assist in carrying out your requests.
In addition, we may disclose information we maintain, including personal data: when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
See the “Your Choices”section below for information about how you can make decisions about how we process personal data, including how to opt out of certain marketing communications.
Legal Bases for Processing.We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your Consent.Where applicable, we may obtain your consent for the particular processing.
- Performance of a Contract. Wemay use personal data to enter into, or perform under, the agreement between us.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use personal data for our legitimate interests, including improving the Services, providing you with information, to the extent necessary and proportionate for ensuring network and information security, and for administrative, fraud detection, and legal compliance purposes.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. Wemay use personal data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
Operational Uses.We process your personal data as part of our operations, which include:
- Providing you with information tailored to your requests, responding to inquiries, and delivering services and products;
- Operating, maintaining, and improving the quality of the Services and such content, products and/or services as may be made available through the Services;
- Communicating with you by email, with your consent if consent is required in accordance with applicable laws, about products, services, order status, and other topics;
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies;
- Endeavoring to protect our and third parties’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of Service users and other third parties; and
- For other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
Marketing Uses. We process your personal data to send messages to you about usand our services.
Sharing of Personal Data.Some of the above processing involves sharing collected personal data with third parties, including service providers, affiliates, and other partners.
- We share personal data with third parties when you ask us to do so;
- We share personal data with our service providers, including payment processors, software and web developers, order processing and fulfillment services, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other vendors engaged so that they may provide services to us or on our behalf; and
- We share personal data with third parties when we believes it is required by, or necessary to comply with, applicable law.
We employ reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee that the safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
We retain personal data for so long as you continue to interact with the Services, and until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive the messages that you have signed up to receive, as well as to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and third parties’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following instructions provided in this Privacy Notice or in communications sent to you. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to identify yourself and authenticate your requests.
Note, however, that we may request certain reasonable additional information (that may include personal data) to help us authenticate the request and/or to clarify or understand the scope of such requests.
These rights vary depending on the particular laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you, but may include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal data about you;
- The right to be informed about the personal data we collect and/or process about you;
- The right to access, modify, and correct personal data about you (as set forth in more detail below under “Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data”)
- The right to know with whom we have shared personal data about you, for what purposes, and what personal data has been shared (including whether personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- Where processing of personal data about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your habitual residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data.We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal data in our records for the Services. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided through the Services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights.California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
We do not disclose personal data protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Your European Union Privacy Rights.In addition to the above-listed rights, European Union privacy law provides individuals with enhanced rights in respect of their personal data. These rights may include, depending on the circumstances surrounding the processing of personal data:
- The right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you;
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal data or object to processing of personal data carried out pursuant to (i) a legitimate interest or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest (including, but not limited to, processing for direct marketing purposes);
- In certain circumstances, the right to data portability, which means that you can request that certain personal data we hold about you be provided to you in a machine-readable format; and
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure and/or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request that we provide certain personal data we hold about you.
Note that we may need to request additional information from you to validate your request. To exercise any of the rights above, contact us as provided below.
In addition to your choices with respect to the collection of personal data (see “What Information Do We Collect?”above), you have the ability to make certain choices about how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data.
Communications Opt-Out.You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received, by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Note that if you engage with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising.Consult the Cookie Notice for more information about how to control and/or opt out of certain web tracking technologies.
The Privacy Notice also includes information about other practices with respect to personal data, including:
- Collection of personal data from children;
- Links and references to third-party websites and services on the Services:
- What happens to personal data in the event we sell or transfer some or all of our business;
- How we respond to “Do Not Track” requests; and
- Information about where we process and transfer personal data.
Collection of Personal Data from Children.Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or are 16 years of age or older and have valid parental consent to do so.
Third-Party Websites and Services.As a convenience, we mayreference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties, service providers, and third parties with which we do business. When you access these third-party services, you leave the Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. You access these third-party services at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the Privacy Notices or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process personal data.
Business Transfer.We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal data we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
Do Not Track.We use analytics systems and providers that process personal data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us.] We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
Note, however, that you may find information about how to block or reject certain tracking technologies in the Cookie Notice.
International Use.Your personal data will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Services you acknowledge that your data will be transferred to, and stored in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and personal data may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures that may have been provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to the processing activities and/or this Privacy Notice, such as by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to informationfrom orabout you collected by any third-party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from,the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third partiesis subject to their own privacy policies, statements,andpractices,and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for anythird party’s compliance therewith.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and/or how we process personal data, or would like to exercise any of the legal rights set forth above, please contact us at: email@example.com